[Dixielandjazz] Mike Thomason ~ Aussie Bean Podge!

Jack Mitchell fjmitch at westnet.com.au
Tue Mar 23 15:11:32 PDT 2010

> Setting sail on the Oz Odyssey. Storms ahead? What Ozbop! Never, surely
> not!
> Free Form OzJazz you're pulling my leg!

Sorry Richard you've still got a lot to learn - Back in the forties
Australians like Don Banks, Splinter Reeves and Ron Falson were playing and
recording bop. Since the twenties Aussies have been playing every sort of
jazz that exists, and doing it remarkably well. I guess some would describe
THE NECKS, who have toured overseas, as freeform jazz, but I think it's just
self indulgent rubbish.

Best wishes
Jack