[Dixielandjazz] Oscar Peterson honored

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 05:27:32 PDT 2010

Hans

Just wanted to thank you for putting me wise as to the "With Respect to Nat"
album.

I found CDs priced all over the place but then came upon a vinyl copy
(re-issued on Verve) that's going to cost me less than $6  with shipping
included.

With Manny Alban conducting a big band on the majority of the selections
contained and a few others with Oscar being supported by Ray Ellis on guitar
and Ray Brown on bass, I don't see how it can miss.

EBay even had it available on a reel-to-reel tape with bids starting at
$2.99 but anytime I get involved with them and their precious PayPal, it
always manages to come around and bite me in the ass.

HC