[Dixielandjazz] Oscar Peterson honored

Hans en Corrie koerthchkz at zeelandnet.nl
Sat Mar 20 04:43:26 PDT 2010

Oscar Peterson was a great vocalist too .................. and his voice
sounded very similar to that of Nat King Cole. Arnold Van Kampen wrote in
"Oscar Peterson - The vocal styling" (
http://keepswinging.blogspot.com/2008/01/oscar-peterson-vocal-styling.html )
( copy and paste)  "Oscar made several vocal recordings, not only on the
album Romances, but also on an album dedicated to Nat King Cole after he
passed away in February 1965. It is a fact that Oscar and Nat were close
friends and the legendary words spoken are true: If you play the piano; I
will sing. Oscar and Nat made that appointment due to the fact that both
voices sounded rather the same. Oscar respected this appointment and
recorded With Respect To Nat released by Mercury/Limelight after Nat passed
away."

Hans

Jazz .. and more - a weekly blog:
http://keepswinging.blogspot.com