[Dixielandjazz] Mart Martin D McKay~ New Orleans 1950s

richard.flecknell at ntlworld.com richard.flecknell at ntlworld.com
Wed Mar 17 12:54:31 PDT 2010

Mart,

George Girard can be heard in splendid form on I'm Sitting On Top Of The World
(Southland). Also a Verve album under Pecora's leadership.  March Of The Mardi Gras one to watch out for.

Other musicians neglected these days ~ Mike Lala, Ray Burke, Jack Delaney, Joe Capraro, Santo Pecora.  I've always love the sound of New Orleans Dixieland since chancing my arm buying a Storyville lp in the early seventies.

Many ex-Southand records can be found on Jazzology web site.

Richard