[Dixielandjazz] WWL N.O. Jazz Club Blue Room Broadcast theme song from '50s, early '60s?

Hillesheim, Jim jwh at ku.edu
Tue Mar 16 19:46:08 PDT 2010

One of my great discoveries as a young man growing up in Southern California was that our radio could pick up the broadcasts from WWL in New Orleans. I listened to many of these programs during the 1950s into the early 1960s and I can recall the announcer saying something like "Coming to you from the beautiful Blue Room at the Roosevelt Hotel in downtown New Orleans."<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

During these years I believe the same tune was used as the opening and closing theme. Can anyone enlighten me regarding this theme?

Cheers,

Jim Hillesheim