[Dixielandjazz] George Webb Tribute on BBC Radio

Dingo roadie at btinternet.com
Mon Mar 15 01:40:59 PDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "john petters"

<snip>

> Skrim, I knew very well. I met him when we both played for Cy Laurie in
> the 80s. We did a lot of things together when I lived in Essex.

Very sad to learn Skrim has gone too. I worked - as soundie/roadie - with
him in the late '80s, also with Cy, and a few years later in the early days
of the Gresty/White "Muggsy Remembered" gigs. A real lovely man whose guitar
always gave just that right amount of lift to the rhythm section. Sad, very
sad.
~~
John D