[Dixielandjazz] Inserting breaks in a continuous track (was Lil Hardin Armstrong query.)

John Blegen jcblegen at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 14 09:49:41 PDT 2010

One little trick that simplifies the process:  The key combination Shift/j will select everything up to the cursor.  I load a file into Audacity, then use Shift/j to select everything up to the beginning of the first tune.  Then I delete that.  I find the end of the first tune, put the cursor there, do a Shift/j and then, under the File menu, save the selection with the name of the tune.  Then I delete that and continue working through the file.  It saves some steps.

 John Blegen
jcblegen.com