[Dixielandjazz] Saint Louis Blues ~ Louis ~ Stan Brager

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 06:25:48 PDT 2010

Bob:

Thank you so much for your mention of Bubber Miley.  When I was making
reference to Clifford Brown a short while ago, I had recalled that there
were three who died tragically at a very early age, Clifford, Bix and the
third of course was Bubber.

Had I thought to go check at the time, I do have a CD of material that
Bubber recorded with Duke Ellington, starting with when Duke was leading the
Washingtonians, through  his engagement as house band at NY's Cotton Club.

Regrettably, Bubber Miley died of tuberculosis at the age of 29 in 1932,
three years after departing the Ellington band.

Mattafact, I think I'll pull out the CD and play it right now.....why don't
I just go ahead and do that.

HC.

--
Music you grew up listening to