[Dixielandjazz] Saint Louis Blues ~ Louis ~ Stan Brager

richard.flecknell at ntlworld.com richard.flecknell at ntlworld.com
Sat Mar 13 09:12:58 PST 2010

Stan, regarding Louis Armstrong many versions. The famous one of his was the earlier 1929 version. My preference is for the one on the 50s WC Handy Album. Will anyone better it.

Today, there are probably thousands who play higher, faster, more technically  accomplished trumpet than Louis ever could.

Compare their work against his of around 40 years recording ~ from Tears to the pop hit Hello Dolly  ~ any suggestions? No contest.

Guess who's my favourite musician then (favorite for those that can't spell).
He did make a few duff recordings.  Stan, I'm thinking of Two To Tango.

Richard Ole