[Dixielandjazz] Women's History Month

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 11:37:42 PST 2010

Bert:

May I add an Amen to your mention of Mary Lou Williams.

Have you ever heard the Kirk recording of "The Lady Who Swings the
Band" with vocal by Harry Mills?

Needless to say, it swings

I had heard that, unlike for Frank Sinatra and a few others, Bing Crosby was

not the inspiration for Dean Martin's singing career, but rather it was
Harry
Mills.

Love some of the early 30s stuff I've got where the brothers were imitating
instruments

HC