[Dixielandjazz] None really

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 16:09:59 PDT 2010

Nothing like good music to help with one's dishes!
After the jazz evening, I put some Yerba Buena on and the dishes went
so well!  And, as the record ended before the dishes, I topped it with
one of the best ever sessions recorded - the Bechet-Spanier Big Four!
We played one side of each earlier during the jazz evening.  I must
admit envying the friend who heard the Bechet-Spanier session for the
first time - you should have seen the expression of extasy and
amazement on his face!
Another thing we played was a CD of the New Orleans Function - what a
pleasure!  Our friend, the trumpet player Stan Ross, who is still
ecovering from bypass surgery, was exhilarated.  BTW, he said that his
daughter who had heard the band before told him that it "played all of
his tunes."
Ah, yes - jazz goes very well with Polish 70% slivovitz!
As it's past 2AM, it's time to go to bed, so - good night,
Marek