[Dixielandjazz] Another place to find "young" OKOM musicians

David M Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Mon Jun 21 18:30:23 PDT 2010

Graham,

The guitar player on the left of the screen in some of the videos has
a clear glass jug on a strap around his neck. Maybe not the most
elegant solution (with a heavy jug, anyway) but it does work.

The lines between a Skiffle, Jug and Early Blues band are very thin,
but there is some unreasonable modern resistance to calling a jug band
a jazz band - even if a lot of the same songs are played by all of
them!  The Yahoo jugband list has a lot of arguments on this point in
their early archives...

Dave RIchoux