[Dixielandjazz] Cassettte vs. open-reel quality

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 01:58:19 PDT 2010

I fully realize that I iniiated the discussion that is now before us by
inquiry as to the respective tape speeds of reel-to-reel tapes vs. audio
cassettes.

At the time I brought up the subject I of course realized that if the latter
were recorded at 7 1/2 ips, you would be lucky to get about 10 minutes of
music on each side.

Putting all that aside, I give myself a pat on the back for resisting
the strong temptation to  make an Alger Hiss joke all this time.

I'll take that as a thank you.

Harry

--
Alcohol is necessary for a man so that now and then he can have a good
opinion

            - Finley Peter Dunne (1867-1936)