[Dixielandjazz] FOR YOUR LISTENING PLEASURE

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 06:07:48 PDT 2010

It is not all that often that I take the time to review some album that I
have acquired but in this case if I don't tell anyone about it I feel like I
am going to burst.

While it was recorded in 1985, I just picked it up recently online.

 "The Cotton Connection"   Signature AK 40031
Teresa Brewer & Mercer Ellington Orch, produced by Bob Thiele

Them There Eyes
Dinah
All of Me
Dinah's In a Jam*
When My Sugar Walks Down the Street
Ring Dem Bells*
Stormy Weather
In a Mellotone*
Creole Love Call*
Duke's Place

*Instrumental

Outstanding vocals, fabulous arrangements, five selections are Duke
Ellington compositions. and simply stated.........IT SWINGS

Tides,
HC

--
Alcohol is necessary for a man so that now and then he can have a good
opinion

            - Finley Peter Dunne (1867-1936)