[Dixielandjazz] Father's Day

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Sun Jun 20 02:29:24 PDT 2010

This Mother's Day/Father's Day thing gets confusing if you have family
living around the world.  It's hard to remember the dates for the individual
countries.  I once arrived at my mother's house (then in Florida) for a one
day stopover.  We were out to dinner with her friends & someone said what a
wonderful son I was to "drop in" on Mother's Day.  I had no idea it was that
holiday!  Came off smelling like a rose on that one!   :>

Actually, my twin sons who live in London are over in Madrid for this
weekend.  One of them said this morning he thought it might be Father's Day
today, at least somewhere!  Since they're out with their old school chums at
the moment, I doubt if they planned their trip around this day, either.

Jim