[Dixielandjazz] Recording the music

W1AB at aol.com W1AB at aol.com
Sat Jun 19 16:14:54 PDT 2010

In a message dated 6/19/2010 6:43:46 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
stangeland at earthlink.net writes:

Does  this mean that if we record on music CDs we can assume that copyright
 obligations have been taken care of?
Paying only 15% more for Music CD-Rs  seems a cheap way to handle copyright
issues.

    That is my understanding.  The  extra 15% (or whatever) goes directly
to RIAA to distribute among their poor,  starving musicians.

    I've been buying spindles of 100  regular CD-Rs from Staples when they
are on sale for $15 -- and those sales  occur quite often.  I just looked on
the Web and found 100-spindles of  Music CD-Rs for $17.  So the 15% figure
is about right.

    Yes, avoiding the copyright issues is  worth a few pennies!

Al