[Dixielandjazz] Recording the music

W1AB at aol.com W1AB at aol.com
Sat Jun 19 13:45:40 PDT 2010

In a message dated 6/19/2010 4:30:18 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
marekboym at gmail.com writes:

> I  certainly wouldn't worry about longevity with a CD....not at our  age!

> Jim

I have two CDs, one burnt by a friend, and one  that I got as a present
from the leader of the band recorded thereon that  stopped playing
after a few years.

So even at our  age....

    CDs can be easily damaged by scratches and debris  getting on them.
Properly and carefully cared for, they last a long  time.

    To be sure I don't damage my CD  originals, I make copies to play in my
car.  That is, I started doing that  after I got a scratch on an
irreplaceable CD when using it in the  car.  Fortunately, the scratch damaged only one
track.

                                                                Al B