[Dixielandjazz] FW: Hearing the music

Pat Ladd pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Sat Jun 19 09:19:53 PDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Smith" <robert.smith at tele2.no>
To: "Pat Ladd" <pj.ladd at btinternet.com>
Cc: <dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com>
Sent: Saturday, June 19, 2010 6:14 AM
Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] FW: Hearing the music

> Dear Pat,
>
>However, I fear that minidiscs
> are being phased out. I have a good stock of minidiscs, but what use will
> these be when my recorder gives up the ghost, and no replacement can be
> obtained?
>
> Hi Bob,
A year ago. I was assure by my very technical savvy brother in law that
minidiscs were the cats pajamas. Now he is in the same position as you,
buying up the last of the stock in any shop which he can find because they
are `discontinued`. Hard disc seems to be the next logical step but you can
bet your bottom dollar that  soon  there will be a method of storing
everything you own on a lattice woven by spiders which are collected by
dwarves who  live only  in the middle of the Black Forest and away we go
again.
Cheers

Pat