[Dixielandjazz] The problem with listeners

Diann Franks swingbanjo at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 18 07:54:54 PDT 2010

The trick is to get the good music played on the radio stations and television. I'm not talking about Louis, Frank or Lionel. I'm talking about the musicians of today that play the good music , but the only place they have to sell their CD's is at the jazz fests. Musicians like John Pizzarelli , Dan Barrett, Bill Allred. And the younger ones like Jonathan Russell and Chloe Feoranzo and Dave Bennett. How can these performers get their talents heard on the national level. The question is how to get the music broadcat like it used to be in the days of Sinatra, Armstrong and the Duke?  What we need is a fair and balance music system. If the kids could just turn on their radios and hear these new and upcoming musicians they just might be hooked on it.