[Dixielandjazz] Louis, Duke and BeBop

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 12:39:22 PDT 2010

I wasn't sure exactly how I wanted to reply to this.  As a matter of fact, I
started two or three times and then just hit "discard"

Let me just keep it simple (remembering that I said earlier that today would
be facetious and tomorrow possibly sarcastic).......I don't want to jump the
gun cause then what would be left
for Friday?

You ramble on for four paragraphs denouncing listenership/fans and then in
the fifth paragraph say, "I'm not sure they are missing anything they need
to know"

Interesting that you should make reference to Don Quixote as I guess it
would not be unreasonable to compare your dissertation to "tilting at
windmills".

I again remind anyone reading this that I am not a musician but just a guy
who has been listening to music for close to 70 years.  If I were indeed a
musician and possessed such a negative outlook toward the listenership out
there, I'm sure I would hang up my horn (and possibly consider slashing my
wrists)

I thought Steve Barbone summed it up quite well when he made reference to
everyone's ears being different.  I interpreted this as "it was all in the
ear of the beholder".

Perhaps I didn't make it clear enough when I said "Check......and mate"
signifying that should have been the end of the game.

In the words of the late Howard Cosell, all this is anti-climatic

Tides
HC.

--
Alcohol is necessary for a man so that now and then he can have a good
opinion

            - Finley Peter Dunne (1867-1936)