[Dixielandjazz] Shameless Plugs

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 14 17:49:48 PDT 2010

The Barbone Street Jazz Band will be playing at an "Old Fashioned Ice
Cream Festival" this Saturday, June 19. It is sponsored by the Paoli
(PA) Library and will be held from 1 to 4 PM at:

Paoli Presbyterian Church
225 South Valley Road
Paoli PA, USA. (Philadelphia Main Line)

Outdoors if good weather, in the Church Gym if not. Lots of fun for
all ages. It is not necessary to be an "informed" OKOM listener to
attend as the music and solos will be geared towards the general
audience. Yes, we will play and sing I Scream, You Scream, We All
Scream for Ice Cream and throw Mardi Gras Beads to the little kids who
dance.

Then on Sunday, June 20, I lead the core jam band at the Tri State
Jazz Society's Annual Jam Session, Post 72, American Legion, Railroad
Avenue, Brooklawn NJ. Music from 2 PM to 5:30 PM

Core band is me on clarinet, Al Harrison on trumpet/fleugelhorn/
cornet, Brian Priebe on trombone, Harry Salotti on Tuba, Skip Rohrich
on Drums and Steve DiBonnaventura on banjo.

Sit ins of all ages are welcome so bring your axe. Core band will play
the first set, then, anything goes.

The other guys in the core band are all EXCELLENT Dixieland musicians.
Trad fans will love the drummer as he brings a complete 1920s drum kit
and knows how to use it.. And all you banjo cats know Steve D.
Listmate Harry Salotti is an accomplished tubist with outstanding
credentials. Brian comes up from the Wash DC area and knows his way
around the sliphorn. Al, is a living legend in the Philadelphia area,
if not elsewhere.

Come on by.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone