[Dixielandjazz] Re; Si To Vois Ma Mère

Gerard Bielderman gerard.bielderman at telfort.nl
Thu Jun 10 08:33:03 PDT 2010

Monty Sunshine of the Chris Barber Jazz Band recorded this tune (with g, b,
d) for the first time in January 1959. It was obviously hoped to repeat the
success of "Petite Fleur". In April Monty recorded the tune again, now with
Chris Barber on trombone present. Both versions were released on singles.
In the USA Laurie Records issued the first version on a single and LP but an
unknown piano player added his part. Laurie changed the title to "I remember
when".
By the way, I have heard that Sidney Bechet made up "Petite fleur" at the
toilet and that he originally called it "Petite fleuve" (= small pee) but I
don't guarantee that this story is true!

Gerard Bielderman
Leie 18
8032 ZG Zwolle
Website: http://home.telfort.nl/tradjazz

--
Ik gebruik de gratis versie van SPAMfighter.
Wij zijn een gemeenschap van 7 miljoen gebruikers in strijd tegen spam.