[Dixielandjazz] THE GIG

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 19:12:29 PDT 2010

Bill:

Now if you want to talk about a disappointing amount of music in a film, we
must make mention of "Wild Man Blues"

However, I will not make any reference to the subject of said movie as
everyone here got their fill of him last Friday

I will not make any apologies for it not being OKOM, but I know many regard
"The Last Waltz" to be the finest musical documentary ever filmed,
surrounding rock group "The Band" with several guest stars.  It was very
professionally directed by Martin Scorsese.

Marty's done some great stuff throughout his career but if, as it is
rumored, he casts Leonardo diCaprio in an upcoming bio of Frank Sinatra, I
don't think I could ever forgive him.

We had the TVM directed by his youngest daughter Tina, we had "The Rat Pack"
with Ray Liotta, Joe Mantegna, etc. and even "The Night We Called it a Day"
detailing Frank's unfortunate experience in dealing with the press during an
Australian tour (played here by Dennis Hopper)

You'll have to search far and wide to find a bigger Sinatra fan than me, but
even I've gotta say..........ENUFF AWREDDY!!!..

Tides
Harry

--
Alcohol is necessary for a man so that now and then he can have a good
opinion

            - Finley Peter Dunne (1867-1936)