[Dixielandjazz] :THE GIG

W1AB at aol.com W1AB at aol.com
Tue Jun 8 18:36:51 PDT 2010

In a message dated 6/8/2010 9:24:15 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com writes:

Now that  I have possibly aroused your interest, I have no idea whether it
is
available on video

    That's a good movie.  I don't  think it was ever available on DVD.
Amazon lists used copies from third  parties for $15 or so.

    I play a little of all the musical  instruments, and it always
distracts me to see musicians holding their fingers  different from the music I'm
hearing.  Because the musical Warren was the  musical director of "The Gig," I
thought the cornet fingering would be  right.  Well, it was most of the
time, but the editors sometimes used shots  not of the music being played....

    I'd like to get that movie and the  1959 remake of "The Blue Angel"
(Curt Jürgens, May Britt)  on DVD, but  neither is available....

                                                                    Al B