[Dixielandjazz] Louis Nye's "Hipster at the Bank"?

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon Jun 7 22:56:45 PDT 2010

Harry Callaghan wrote [in part]:
> Since I don't have the original, I have no idea who his straight man (the
> bank officer) was but the voice is so familiar that I feel I should know who
> it was.

Dear Harry,
It was a United Artists LP album (4089) 'Here's Nye In Your Eye' and included:
•Hipster At The Bank
•Emotional Newscaster
•Army Sergeant
•Meeting On Madison Avenue
•The Choreographer
  and
•Munich Music Lesson.
As you will know, as you have a dubbed copy of the LP.
The original LP album, was released in June 1961 about the time of the final "The Steve Allen Show" and when Louis Nye joined "The Ann Sothern Show" on CBS
Nye's tenure with the Steve Allen Show also included regulars Don Knotts, Tom Poston, Bill Dana and Gabriel Dell.
Perhaps it was Allen or one the show's popular comedians who took the straight part on that Nye LP.
Sorry, that's the best I can do from this far away.
Very kind regards,
Bill.