[Dixielandjazz] Your thoughts on rushing

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 16:25:50 PDT 2010

I am instantly reminded of the Dorsey Brothers in 1935..

Tommy didn't like the tempo of a number and walked off stage.  While they
played themselves in a movie bio, "The Fabulous Dorseys" (1947) they did not
actually reunite as an orchestra until 1953, then billed as the Tommy Dorsey
Orchestra featuring Jimmy Dorsey.

Contrary to popular belief, Elvis Presley did not make his TV debut with Ed
Sullivan, but rather on "The Dorsey Brothers Stage Show", a summer
replacement for Jackie Gleason.

Of course, I once went 29 years without seeing my brother, and we're not
even musicians........but we did an impromptu vocal rendition of "Some of
These Days" for shoppers at an Amish Flea Market.the day after we re-united
in February 2005.

Tides,
HC

--
Alcohol is necessary for a man so that now and then he can have a good
opinion

            - Finley Peter Dunne (1867-1936)