[Dixielandjazz] Woody Allen - Part Two

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 4 15:04:44 PDT 2010

The problem with trying to fit ones personal views about the audience,
when most of us have no idea what the audience likes or dislikes and
cannot therefore speak for that audience, is that we speak only for on
e person, ourselves. That's OK with me. But then if we didn't want to
hear bad musicians playing OKOM, we'd have to not listen to at least
half the bands out there trying to play it.

Obviously Woody Allen is aware that he is not a top tier jazz
musician. He freely admits it. There is no basis whatever to say that
he is trying to hide anything. As opinion that's fine, but it is
totally unsupported by anything, anywhere.

Sorry but that's the way it is. The man has done more for OKOM jazz
then any of us and if that's what galls anyone, so be it.

Once again, I suggest folks read and understand the entire article
instead of ranting and being elitist about ear.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband