[Dixielandjazz] Baby Soda Jazz Band in Rochester NY this Friday

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 2 19:02:12 PDT 2010

Here's another one of those fine, young, American jazz bands. If
memory serves me right, this one is a NYC spin off of Loose Marbles,
is led by Ed Polcer's son, and Ed himself has busked with them
frequently in the NYC Subways.

 From the Rochester NY "City Newspaper".  Hey Bud Taylor and other
listmates up that way, see them if you can get there. They are another
example of a fine young OKOM band playing where the kids, and people
in general, are.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband

DIXIELAND: Baby Soda (6/4)
By Frank De Blase on June 2, 2010

Sure, the cats in Baby Soda play indoors, but they prefer buskin' a
move on the street and in the subway. This New York City band's
cadence is Tin Pan Alley all the way, with dashes of gospel,
Dixieland, and what was once called "hot music" in jazz's formative
years. It jitterbugs and grooves like an instant party or a parked
parade. Fans of The Asylum Street Spankers will love these guys. As
the band refers to itself, "Baby Soda: developed by hoboes, perfected
through science." This is gonna be a natural ball, I just know it.

Baby Soda plays Friday, June 4 at 6 p.m. at Bop Shop/Village Gate, 274
N Goodman St. Free. 271-3354.