[Dixielandjazz] Mildred Bailey (was Some Birthdays July 29)

Hal Vickery hvickery_80 at msn.com
Fri Jul 30 17:00:04 PDT 2010

While we're talking about Tinker to Evers (whom a descendent corrected the pronunciation of when the all-century team was announced a decade ago...it's EE-vers) to chance, and those last Cubs World Series Winners of 1907-08, let's not forget who the team was that kept it from being three in a row in 1906.  My guys.  The Chicago White Sox.  The Hitless Wonders who with a .230 team batting average managed to win 19 in a row in one streak, and who beat the Cubs (who won a then record 116 games that year) in six games in the World Series.

Hal Vickery

"Proud Sox Fan since 1955"