[Dixielandjazz] Sam Butera & The Wildest (after the Witnesses)

David M Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Tue Jul 27 22:42:54 PDT 2010

I think a lot of people, even some "serious OKOM folks" tend to
sometimes forget about the "Italian Connection" in early Jazz. Not
just Nick La Rocca and Louie Prima!

I see there is a book by Bill Dal Cerro coming out called "Bebop,
Swing and Bella Musica: The History of Italian Americans in Jazz" -
looks like it might be interesting...
http://www.italiansinjazz.com/
and a pre-review article: http://www.italiansinjazz.com/interview.php
Dave Richoux