[Dixielandjazz] first tune/last tune

Bill Biffle bbiffle at brgcc.com
Tue Jul 27 07:41:41 PDT 2010

I'd never claim to be an expert in these matters, but we usually start with Washington & Lee Swing - it's upbeat, happy, easy to play, and gets us started.  We usually - not always, it depends on the venue and crowd - end with (I know, I know) What a Wonderful World (the folks all sigh), then go right into a very short version of Show Me the Way - upbeat, happy, and gets us stopped.

Works for us - most of the time.

Bill Biffle
Duke City Jazz Band
Albuquerque NM USA