[Dixielandjazz] Attn All Members DJML

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Sun Jul 25 16:27:08 PDT 2010

While some email lists are not too friendly and members elect to stay anonymous, DJML is not that sort of list.

DJML is a very friendly email list.  Because of this, many members have established close friendships on DJML across the country and even around the world.

Thus, as DJML Moderator (Keeper of the Keys) as it were, I encourage everyone to add where you live to your posts.

You might even consider adding it to your email tag so you don't have to think about it when posting to DJML.

For instance, recently there was a very good, thoughtful post by macjazz.  However, not only was there no location specified as to where macjazz lives, the post was not even signed.

This of course, is only a suggestion.  But it is very interesting to see where the various members live.

You also might be interested to read the DJML FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions).

http://www.islandnet.com/djml/faq.html

While the web site is quite out of date, the FAQ still has some very interesting and relevant info.

Regards,

--Bob Ringwald
DJML Moderator
Placerville CA USA  (Above the smog and below the snow).
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band
916/806-9551
Amateur (Ham) Radio K6YBV

"We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing
 in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle"
-- Winston Churchill