[Dixielandjazz] Can you give me any hope?

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Sun Jul 25 12:39:46 PDT 2010

This from the Exec Director of STJS, the Sacramento Traditional Jazz Society.

 Here is some more on what the STJS is doing with their youth music programs.

We also have former campers as counselors at the jazz camp,
a former camper directing TNT, the STJS sponsored youth Jazz band, (his music teacher in high school was also a
former camper), a former camper on the Board of Directors (Priscilla
Ornelas), former youth musicians on the STJS Education Committee, not to mention all the others playing around Sacramento, LA and
New Orleans.  We are also seeing younger folks at Jazz Sunday (Our monthly concerts), (probably in
response to the younger musicians) and at the festival - especially this
year.