[Dixielandjazz] Can You Give Me Any Hope?

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 08:15:30 PDT 2010

Well said, Steve:

While I applaud your remarks as well as those that you have included here by
Ed Polcer, as I said here recently, and I know I have in the past on
Tradjazz, while the music is out there, it is an uphill battle because there
is so little exposure to it on commercial radio and national TV

When is the last time any of us saw any musical guest on Leno, Letterman,
Fallon or Kimmel (who are watched by millions nightly) that were playing
anything that could even be slightly regarded as OKOM.

Oh, there are possibly occasions when Paul Schaefer's CBS Orchestra might do
so, dependent upon a guest musician sitting in, but they play mainly for the
studio audience during commercial breaks.

At least in the old days of "The Tonight Show" when Carson was hosting, we
would sometimes get a complete number on camera when Doc Severinsen was
leading the band.

But, I have faith in you and others like you, striving to expose it to the
masses, along with your slightly risque Willie Nelson references.that I know
never fail to wow young damsels in the crowd..

Tides,
Harry

--
Alcohol is necessary for a man so that now and then he can have a good
opinion

            - Finley Peter Dunne (1867-1936)