[Dixielandjazz] Regard for players

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 06:41:44 PDT 2010

As Jim brought up the name of Julio, while this is off the subject of
Sinatra, it reminded me of a "call" I wanted to put out to my fellow DJML
subscribers.

In the early 80s, SHO or HBO showed a Beach Boys concert that had Three Dog
Night opening for them.  Then when the Beach Boys appeared, they were joined
by Julio as well as LaToya Jackson.  The two of them did a beautiful duet on
"Surfer Girl" backed by the Beach Boys.

The number I really enjoyed was when the Beach Boys performed "Back in the
USSR".  Anyone familiar with the number realized at the time the Beatles
recorded it, they did so in the style of the Beach Boys.  So here we had,
Beach Boys imitating  Beatles imitating Beach Boys.

Cutting to the chase.  This was telecast prior to my owning a VCR and I have
not been able to locate it commercially on VHS or DVD.

Is there anyone reading this, whose musical tastes obviously extend beyond
"OKOM" that has a copy of the concert and would be willing to duplicate it
for me?.

If so, I will be happy to furnish my mailing address off-list upon request

Thanx,
HC

--
Alcohol is necessary for a man so that now and then he can have a good
opinion

            - Finley Peter Dunne (1867-1936)