[Dixielandjazz] "OKOM as Entertainment was Red Norvo goes nuts with Benny Goodman

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 23 06:56:25 PDT 2010

On Jul 23, 2010, at 2:09 AM, Bill Haesler wrote: (polite snip for HC's
benefit)

> Dear Steve,
>
> Looks like is WAS an 'entertainment' gimmick.
> Which, as we know, is what OKOM is supposed to be all about.
> Kind regards,
> Bill.

Dear Bill:

WOT!!!!!!!

OKOM is supposed to be entertainment? You can't be serious. It is
supposed to be eclectic art form music that only silent listeners of
the elitist "art form" audience can really dissect and enjoy. The same
songs by the same old dead guy bands must be listened to time and
again with no sound from the audience other than a soft sigh. IT IS
HIGH ART.

All that entertainment junk, schtick, noise, dancing etc.,  is what
killed the market for the music. Pity that the art form audience is
now dying off at the very moment the music is coming alive again. Or
is that the reason why?

Cheers,

Steve (Tongue firmly in cheek.) Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband