[Dixielandjazz] South To a Warmer Place on Riverwalk Jazz

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu Jul 22 16:15:24 PDT 2010

Harry Callaghan wrote [in part]:
> ....during the period that he was ....with Columbia Records, Frank Sinatra even recorded an album "FS Conducts the Music of Alec Wilder". My guess....he probably utilized the orchestra of Axel Stordahl (but if I'm
> wrong I know who'll be the first to correct me)

Dear Harry,
How can I refuse you?
Frank Sinatra recorded "South To A Warmer Place" (Alec Wilder, Loonis McGlohon) for Reprise on 21 July 1981 with Gordon Jenkins orch.
That 1946 "FS Conducts the Music of Alec Wilder" album featured the Columbia String Orchestra. No vocals.
Full details will be sent 'off list' as we are in enough trouble as it is.
8>)
Kind regards,
Bill.