[Dixielandjazz] Charlie Parker ~ Dixieland?

Jack Mitchell fjmitch at westnet.com.au
Tue Jul 20 16:13:41 PDT 2010

From: "FLECKNELL RICHARD"  wrote:

> Right I'm a Bunk Johnson, Kid Howard, Bobby Hackett, Ben Webster fan too
> (and more)

 I didn't respond to the "favourite solos" thread - there are just too many
I love, and some of them, like Bob Barnard's PEANUT VENDOR, would be unknown
to most members of this group. However Richard has mentioned Ben Webster, so
I've been stirred to mention his marvellous version of DANNY BOY. He
recorded this several times, but I've only got the version by his own
quintet for the Norman Granz labels.

It's bloody beautiful.

Best wishes
Jack Mitchell