[Dixielandjazz] Charlie Parker ~ Dixieland?

FLECKNELL RICHARD richard.flecknell at ntlworld.com
Tue Jul 20 15:37:04 PDT 2010

Charlie Parker is not a Dixieland/ Swing player so should we be debating him
on this site?

That's that out of the way - Bill & Jack & Marek switch off or over now.

Right I'm a Bunk Johnson, Kid Howard, Bobby Hackett, Ben Webster fan too
(and more)

Embraceable You ... A Beauty (first 30s - technical brilliance you're joking
... simple and to the point - elegant)

73 years on and Bird still causes problems. My daughter, 19, had no problem
with it. She also said it wasn't elegant but sophisticated.

Paul & Steve I'm in agreement with - but everyone is entitled to there
opinion of course.

Look I don't rate Al Hirt as a jazz musician or the FH5 or Mickey Mouse.

I get to Cornet Oleman but not beyond him.

And finally an old thought,
If Charlie Parker Was a Gunslinger, There'd Be a Whole Lot of Dead Copycats

Richard
back to Punch Miller - try Cock Robin