[Dixielandjazz] The Solos

FLECKNELL RICHARD richard.flecknell at ntlworld.com
Sun Jul 18 11:11:53 PDT 2010

The best/greatest solos has turned at better than I thought.  The obvious
has cropped up but some I do not know must check them.
Such as Hackett w Glenn Miller.

Steve B suggesting CParker's solos on Embraceable You meant I was reminded
of them - cheers Steve they are very good.

Ken mentioned Sid Catlett - my choice of drummer in the ideal band.

Solos ... of the top of my head .... Oscar Peterson, swinging like hell at
speed, on Tea For Two (w Lester) and Louis Armstrong on Avalon w the Dukes
of Dixieland.

Richard