[Dixielandjazz] Some Birthdays July 17

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 14:30:08 PDT 2010

Have any of y'all ever heard the song that Phoebe Snow wrote and recorded
with Dave Grusin about a guy who shined shoes outside Yankee Stadium for
years?.  The lyrics are interspersed with him imagining himself on the field
of play.

It you grew up a big baseball fan as I did, it will definitely tug at your
heart strings..

I have the name of it written down somewhere but it doesn't come to mind
right now.

Tides,
HC

--
Alcohol is necessary for a man so that now and then he can have a good
opinion

            - Finley Peter Dunne (1867-1936)