[Dixielandjazz] Preservation Hall

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 17 12:28:18 PDT 2010

> David M Richoux <tubaman at tubatoast.com> wrote
>

> Just to be perfectly clear - I did not write that - it was from the SF
> Chronic column that I quoted.
>
> Dave Richoux
>
> On Jul 16, 2010, at 12:40 PM, Stephen G Barbone wrote:
>
>> Dave Richoux wrote: (polite snip)
>>
>> "As it turns out, he's pretty good friends with Ben Jaffe, whose
>> parents founded the New Orleans Music institution in the 1960s."

Mea Culpa Dave. My fault. I should have made that clear. No doubt the
SF Chronicle got it from the Preservation Hall website which takes
some poetic license by stating:

"Allen and Sandra Jaffe, the hall's founders, wanted a place where New
Orleans musicians could play New Orleans Jazz, a style, they believed,
should not disappear."

The hall was in existence when they took over the management after
others had founded and run it

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband