[Dixielandjazz] suggestion

James O'Briant jobriant at garlic.com
Tue Jul 13 21:53:04 PDT 2010

Jim Kashishian wrote:

> Be sure to edit
> out all the older posts at the end of your new post, or just
> add in the bits
> & pieces you want to refer to.   You can use the > mark to
> show that it is
> an insert from a previous posting, or just say "so & so wrote
> earlier...".
> If anyone has a problem with that, I think most mailers will
> let you hold your mouse lever down & black out an entire area
> before deletion once you have hit the reply button to begin
> writing your reply.
>
> Those that get djml will have this huge, long post to go
> through, otherwise.
>
> Also, be sure to add a sensible Subject matter, so readers
> will know what to expect in the post.
>
> Jim
> p.s. Hope I don't sound like "Bob's Little Helper"?

Jim, what you're suggesting is email etiquette, as it's been practiced for
years, nothing more or less. Unfortunately, some folks have never been
introduced to the "accepted way of doing things" online. I suspect that
there are also a few who know how to respect other correspondents by doing
things as they should be done, but they just don't care one way or another.

Jim O'Briant
Gilroy, CA