[Dixielandjazz] if they keep on keeping on, it gets very boring

BillSargentDrums at aol.com BillSargentDrums at aol.com
Tue Jul 13 21:40:25 PDT 2010

<<[rebecca] Drum solos should only be taken by drummers as talented  as
Colin.
Too many times, drummers are given the lead, and they do a very  poor job,
and if they keep on keeping on, it gets very boring.
[rebecca]  Drummers like Ed Torres, Hal Smith, Jeff Hamilton, to name a few,
are great  enough to hold the interest of the audience.

Just my humble  opinion.....and I am married to a drummer.....

Rebecca Thompson
Flower  Mound, TX>>

You bet Rebecca. I'd also add Eddie Metz and Joe Ascione, and several
hundred others.

<<Too many times, drummers are given the lead, and they do a very  poor job,
and if they keep on keeping on, it gets very boring.>>

I might also add that the above is true of MANY instrumentalists on every
single instrument. Trumpeters, Cornetists, Clarinetists, Trombonists,
Pianists,  Guitarists, Bassists, Banjoists, Vocalists, Washboardists, Kazooists .
. . fact  is, many don't even have to keep on keepin' on to be boring . . .
some get there  in a four bar break!

:)

Bill

http://Facebook.com/BillSargentBands