[Dixielandjazz] Sinatra - was cassette decks

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 10:36:31 PDT 2010

Steve:

Thanx for the tip but I don't do satellite........mattafact, I barely even
do radio.

In doing so, I would feel that I'm being unfaithful to the ridiculously
large amount of recordings I have in all formats.

As to Frank, while I haven't bothered to count, LPS, cassettes & CDs
combined, we're probably talking in the neighborhood of about 150, plus
numerous 45s & 78s.

I even managed to pick up the "High Hopes" campaign song for JFK in a
Washington souvenir.shop  It was on Palm Sunday 1964 when we drove down to
DC to visit the Arlington gravesite..

I think it cost me maybe a buck but I imagine it is worth considerably more
nowadays.

However, if you've got a stray redhead with green eyes, about 5' 7" and 128
lbs, feel free to send her my way...............and, so I know she's coming
from Philly, you can tell her that the password is "Liberty Belle"

Incidentally, one of my favorite Sinatra numbers is "All I Need is the Girl"
which he did on the "Francis A & Edward K" album..  I first heard it
performed by Mickey Rooney on one of the old Timex shows, not knowing at the
time that it was from "Gypsy"

Tides,
Harry.

--
Alcohol is necessary for a man so that now and then he can have a good
opinion

            - Finley Peter Dunne (1867-1936)