[Dixielandjazz] No interest?

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Tue Jul 13 01:51:28 PDT 2010

In a message dated 7/12/2010 9:21:28 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com writes:
>WOW.......and to think that some thought caffeine and cigarettes were
off-track.
I have no interest whatsoever in soccer.

No interest?  Then why did you open a post that had the subject clearly
stated as "football"?

Firstly, this is a jazz list.  That is why I am on it.  And, I was playing
Jazz the nite of the big game, and wasn't playing the nite of the big
celebrations (last nite), as our gig was cancelled knowing there would be no
one inside a club with all that was happening on the streets. So, there is
certainly a connection to jazz in my postings.

Secondly, a rule that is not very closely watched by many on the list, but
which I make sure is clear is to put in a proper subject matter for my post
so those not interested can delete.  Your complaint is nulled by the fact
that you wouldn't have had anything to complain about if you hadn't opened
the post.

Thirdly, this is not a closely watched list, and the subject matters do
stray sometimes.  I received private posts from people on djml saying how
much they enjoyed hearing a report from someone on the ground here. I've
been on the list for way over 10 yrs., so there are those that know my name
and (hopefully) find my posts to be interesting.

Finally, my posts went deeper than football, hoping to expose a bit of the
Spanish psych to some who may find it interesting.  I certainly do as I have
performed in a Spanish band (everyone except myself!) for over 40 yrs now,
and am still trying to figure them out!!

We are not a Spanish band with a foreign leader, but a Spanish band which
has developed over the years its own particular style, and created a
faithful following throughout Spain. Not a bad thing for Jazz in this day &
age.

And, winning the World Cup was certainly not a bad thing for Spain....not to
mention the attention given to South Africa & the African continent itself.
The U.S. team did well in the games, and the sport (called soccer in the
U.S.) is growing by leaps & bounds there.

Get on a plane & come hear us play...go to a game in the Bernabeu Stadium in
Madrid (80,000)or the Neu Camp (100,000) in Barcelona.  Party with us until
dawn!  You'll love it! Life is too short to spend it complaining.

Jim