[Dixielandjazz] Joya Sherrill Obit - Sang wilth Ellington & Goodman

Jack Mitchell fjmitch at westnet.com.au
Sat Jul 10 16:08:22 PDT 2010

  From: Harry Callaghan

  "Interesting, Jack, but possibly my distinguished colleague from Philadelphia was referring to the first American band to tour beyind the Iron Curtain when making reference to Benny Goodman"

  Not possibly, Harry, but definitely. Even I could see the bleeding obvious. I was not trying to upstage Benny Goodman, who I heard in Sydney in March, 1973 and at Carnegie Hall in 1976, but to mention a little known dixieland band that made a bit of history.

  Best wishes
  Jack