[Dixielandjazz] Bruce Branson

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Fri Jul 9 13:02:27 PDT 2010

John and Sidnee Fortier wrote:

> Can anyone tell me anything about a reed player, circa 1955, named Bruce Branso?.  I think he was a sideman for Tommy Dorsey and occasionally Jack Teagarden. Hope this is not too OT.  John Fortier

No, not too OT at all.

Possibly you mean Bruce Branson?  Or at least that is what I thought his name was.

When I was just starting out in music in the Sacramento area, Bruce Branson was working around town.  He was in a quartet that was the house band on a local TV show.  He was a fine player.

I am sure that our listmate Bob Newman can tell you more about him if Bob was in town then.

--Bob Ringwald