[Dixielandjazz] You can hear me doing Old Bones

Don Kirkman donsno2 at charter.net
Wed Jul 7 16:47:54 PDT 2010

On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 17:44:46 -0400, you wrote:

>Hi guys,
>Used to do it all the time :-)  (Although I can say, I NEVER got a request
>for it!)  Burns used to sing the verse:
>"Down in the garden where the red roses grow,
>Oh, my, I long to go,
>Down among the flowers, cuddle me for hours
>Lovie, let me learn that Red Rose Rag..."
>
>(The verse seems to go on for hours LOL)
>
>The chorus was even crazier:
>
>"Pick a pinkie petal for your papa's pride,
>Beg a burning blossom for your budding bride...
>
>Any body want the whole thing - I'll send it off line...
>Enjoy your day!
>ALL the Best,
>Stubby

But you'd best also send them "The Red Rose Rag", which has the same
lyrics and was also one of George Burns' specialties.  :-)  My 1906
(copyright) Jerome Remick sheet music attributes it to Edward Madden
(words) and Percy Wenrich (music) and says it was "Dolly Connolly's
Red Rose Song - The Red Rose Rag."