[Dixielandjazz] Old Bones request

James O'Briant jobriant at garlic.com
Tue Jul 6 23:23:27 PDT 2010

Phil Crumley wrote:

> I recently received a nice message from a fan of ours who
> requested the sheet music, NOT a chart, to Old Bones for her
> own use.  I tried Musicnotes and a few other websites to no
> avail and all I have is a lead sheet.  Anyone out there able
> to help this lady?

While this is a fairly recent song by OKOM standards (1980), it's still 30
years old. Pop music sheets seldom stay in print that long unless they're a
huge hit.

Two years ago I spent 20-30 hours searching every corner of the Internet for
a piano/vocal sheet, or any other sheet music for this tune, and couldn't
find it. I ended up creating a lead sheet by ear, from the George Burns
performance on YouTube.

Jim O'Briant
Tuba
Gilroy, CA